The Kremlin of Moscow and Red Square are by far the ultimate destination of everyone’s trip to the metropolis. This is the epicenter of the most groundbreaking episodes of the Russian history. Get engaged with the distant and modern history while visiting the Kremlin grounds and step on the cobbles of historical Red Square. Admire the Tsar-Pushka and the Tsar Bell and visit 2 Kremlin Cathedrals to learn about the royal coronation ceremony.
What is behind the crenelated walls of the Kremlin? Step on the cobble stones of this medieval castle, be fascinated by the grandeur of palaces and cathedrals, the astonishing Tsar-Pushka (cannon) and Tsar-Kolokol (bell) and decipher the meaning of the murals on the vaults and pillars with our professional guide. Discover the amazing wealth of the Russian Patriarch (head of the Christian Church) while visiting his palace. Each piece of the collection hides behind the secretes and legends of the past.
The Moscow Kremlin is the historical part of the metropolis, its cradle and heart, the working residence of the country’s leader, Europe’s largest medieval fortress and a treasure trove of historical relics.
The meaning of the word ‘Kremlin’ is a ‘stronghold built of pinewood’. Needless to say, wooden walls did not survive till today. The present-day fortress features 15-20th century architecture and art.
Italians invited to Moscovia by the sovereign Ivan III, grandfather of Ivan the Terrible, used the best of their knowledge and experience to create the Heavenly Hail on the Hill, architectural ensemble which included 2,4 km of masonry walls and 20 war towers, 4 palaces and 4 cathedrals. Shaped as a triangle the fortress sits on a bluff above the river, its Southern wall faces the Moskva River, Red Square lies beyond the Eastern wall, and in the north-west it is flanked by Alexander Garden.
The Russian rulers lived in the Kremlin for centuries, got crowned, got married, baptized their children and ultimately died and were buried inside the Kremlin walls. The world’s largest piece of artillery, the ‘Tsar-Pushka’ and the world’s largest bell the ‘Tsar-Kolokol’ are displayed on its grounds.
The divine Cathedral square witnessed the most crucial episodes in the Russian history. The most important cathedral in the square is the Dormition Cathedral, it was the scene of the coronation of the tsars of 2 dynasties from Ivan the Terrible to Nicolas II. The Archangel Michael Cathedral is the burial place of royal males. The charming Annunciation Cathedral is the domestic church of the regal family, decorated with breathtaking medieval murals.
Step out of the Kremlin through Savor Gate to Red Square, the main square of Moscow and Russia, the sacred place for all Russians and one of the most picturesque squares in the world. It is lined with whimsical St Basil’s, the Kremlin crenelated wall and Lenin’s Tomb, the State History Museum and GUM shopping mall. Take your time to feel the pace of time and listen to the bells of the Kremlin clock.
- Private 3-hour tour of Moscow with our experienced guide.
- Explore the Kremlin grounds and see the palaces dating back to 16th-20th centuries, the Tsar Bell and the Tsar Canon, look at the working residence of the President of Russia and try to guess if he is in the office today.
- Visit the Dormision Cathedral, the coronation place of the Tsars, and see the throne of Ivan the Terrible, the oldest murals and icons.
- Visit the Archangel Michael Cathedral and see the tombs of the sovereigns of Russia of 2 dynasties.
- Go out of the Kremlin through the most iconic gate of the Kremlin, the Savior Gate and make your step in Red Square. Explore Red Square and get to know why it is called so.
9.30 am – Hotel pick-up
10.00 am – visit to the Kremlin grounds
11.00 am – visit to the Dormision Cathedral, the coronation place of the Tsars
11.30 am – visit to the Archangel Michael Cathedral, the burial place of the Tsars
12.00 am – visit Red Square
12.30 pm – Drop-off at your hotel or destination of your choice
Please note, the time for the Kremlin visit is subject to change during peak season according to available booking slots.
What makes it different:
- You can adjust the itinerary according to your wish: we offer ideas & you choose what you want. We will meet you at your hotel with your personalized itinerary.
- Your tour will be a lot of fun, not a history lesson.
- You may ask your guide any question which interests you about people, ways and traditions.
- We can invite you to a Moscow family home. Check out “Eat with locals” page on our website.