Experience the folk traditions and crafts in the tsars’ summer retreat of the colorful Izmailovo Kremlin. Located in a historical part of the city, Izmailovo is also known for an open-air market where you can find Russian-made crafts, including iconic ‘Matryoshka’ nesting dolls.
Izmailovo Kremlin is modeled after traditional Russian architecture and fairytale depictions of Old Russia. It includes a wooden replica of the summer palace of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich, the father of Peter I, where visitors can experience a traditional Russian meal. The wooden church of St. Nicholas, named after the patron saint of crafts and trade, is the tallest wooden church in the country. It houses several single-subject museums, like Museum of bread, Museum of vodka and Museum of Russian folk crafts and toys.
Enjoy an opportunity to paint one of your own with a hands-on art lesson and walk away with a truly unique souvenir.
View Moscow through the eyes of locals with your private guide and check out the places loved by Moscovites.
- Private 4-hour tour of Moscow with our experienced guide.
- Tour Izmailovo Kremlin, get inside a unique wooden church and view the panorama of the Kremlin from its top
- Learn about Russian culture, heritage and traditions in Museum of bread, Museum of vodka and Smith’s shop
- Get a lesson in Matreshka painting and create your own wooden doll
- Walk around a flea souvenir market and get the best bargain.
10 am – Hotel pick-up
10.30 am – see Izmailovo Kremlin grounds, visit St Nicolas wooden church, choose between Museum of vodka and Museum of bread, try Russian cuisine in the Tsar’s palace and take a class in ‘Matreshka’ painting
12.00 am – Souvenir flea market shopping
2.00 pm – Drop-off at your hotel or destination of your choice
What makes it different:
- You can adjust the itinerary according to your wish: we offer ideas & you choose what you want. We will meet you at your hotel with your personalized itinerary.
- Your tour will be a lot of fun, not a history lesson.
- You may ask your guide any question which interests you about people, ways and traditions.
- We can invite you to a Moscow family home. Check out “Eat with locals” page on our website.