Have you read “A gentleman in Moscow” – the New York Times bestseller by Yale graduate Amor Towles? Have you fell in love with this fascinating story? We invite you to take a walk along the favorite route of Count Rostov before he was put in the luxurious Metropol hotel for the rest of his life.
During this unique 3-hour walking tour you will get acknowledged with the lavish interiors of the Metropol hotel, which was built 1905 by manufacturer and art lover Savva Mamontov. It’s opulence and richness in décor astonished contemporaries and continue to freeze in delight today’s visitors. Listen to the thrilling stories about the famous hotel guests and the important historical events the hotel witnessed.
After the Metropol hotel visit we will pass by the Bolshoi theatre, count Rostov enjoyed it’s view from his luxurious suite, and walk all the way to Eliseevsky store along the historical Tverskaya street – the main street in Moscow. On your way to the end stop of the tour – the Pushkin square you will see the panorama of the Kremlin and Alexander’s garden, magnificent building of the History museum, Manege square, visit the Eliseevsky store with fabulous interiors, pass by the Mayor’s office and monument to founder of Moscow Yuri Dolgoruky.
- Private 3-hour walking tour with the experienced guide
- Visit astonishing Metropol hotel and fall in love with its fabulous atmosphere
- Walk all the way which count Rostov regularly did from the hotel on the Theatre square along Tverskaya street to Eliseevsky store and Pushkin square. Pass by the Bolshoi theatre, enjoy the view of the crenellated walls of the Kremlin and the Kremlin towers, see Manege square and beautiful buildings on Tverskaya street.
10.00 am – Hotel pick-up
10.30 am – Visit the Metropol hotel
11.00 am – Get to know why the Theatre square is called so, see the Bolshoi theatre, Maly theatre, Youth theatre – all in one square
11.30 am – Walk along Tverskaya street, see the beautiful buildings of the main street in Moscow, Mayor’s office, Yuri Dolgoruky monument
12.00 am – Visit famous Eliseevsky store – the favorite store of the count Rostov
12.30 pm – Pushkin square and Tverskoy bulevard
1.30 pm – Drop-off of at your hotel or destination of your choice
What makes it different:
- You can adjust the itinerary according to your wish: we offer ideas & you choose what you want.
- We will meet you at your hotel with your personalized itinerary.
- Your tour will be a lot of fun, not a history lesson.
- You may ask your guide any question which interests you about people, ways and traditions.