Walk through one of the oldest sections of Moscow, Arbat. It dates from the 16th century, when it was the beginning of the road that led from the Kremlin to the city of Smolensk. At that time it was also the quarter where court artisans lived, and several of the surrounding streets still recall this in such names as Plotnikov (Carpenter), Serebryany (Silversmith), and Kalashny (Pastry Cook). Early in the 19th century Arbat became a favorite district of the aristocracy, like Saint Germaine in Paris, and a century later it became a fashionable shopping street. The area is an attractive, cobbled pedestrian precinct lined with gift shops and cafés. It is a carnival of portrait artists and musicians as well as the enthusiastic admirers of their work.
View Moscow through the eyes of locals with your private guide and check out the places loved by Muscovites.
- Private half-day tour of Moscow with our experienced guide.
- Walk through the favorite district of Moscow aristocracy, view examples of classical, art nouveaux, constructivist and Stalin empire architecture
- Visit 17th century orthodox church
- Explore the interiors of a 19th century aristocratic mansion and early 20th century apartment.
10 am – Hotel pick-up
10.15 am – get to Arbat street by metro, view the deepest metro station
10.30 am – walk 2,5 km of historical district, view various types of Moscow architecture, including 1 of ‘Stalin 7 sisters’; visit 2 living premises and a church
12.30 am – visit local crafts stores (optional)
1.00 pm – Drop-off at your hotel or destination of your choice
What makes it different:
- You can adjust the itinerary according to your wish: we offer ideas & you choose what you want. We will meet you at your hotel with your personalized itinerary.
- Your tour will be a lot of fun, not a history lesson.
- You may ask your guide any question which interests you about people, ways and traditions.
- We can invite you to a Moscow family home. Check out “Eat with locals” page on our website.